Newcomer? Romandy? 1/18 & 1/10?

Informationen, Rückmeldungen, Diskussionen allgemeiner Natur rund um die SRCAC
Antworten
rcscale101

Newcomer? Romandy? 1/18 & 1/10?

Beitrag von rcscale101 » So 20. Dez 2020, 13:21

Hello fellow RC enthusiasts,

This is my first post and I thank you for validating my subscription. I don't speak German so apology for writing in English.

I am an RC enthusiast (not as experienced as some of you) and my interests in RC are wide: from scale crawlers to plane, trucks, sailing boat and helicopters (that I love to crash :-D). I live near Lausanne and I would love to get to know more people in RC. So here are my first questions: are there people in the club in my region? If not, is the club willing to "expand" here? Are there people doing other hobbies than RC cars?

I have one crawler in the 1/10 scale and 3 crawlers in the 1/18 scale because they are much easier to travel with on a plane! Are 1/18 scale (or similar) welcome into the club? This scale has made imho great progress in the recent years.

I was going through your forum and see that you are a nice community in the German part of Switzerland. I also see that the club has gone through some changes and departures in the last months and I hope it is remains alive and well!

Stay safe everyone and I hope to meet some of you at some point!
Cheers from Iceland (temporarily escaping CH)

ps: I enjoy filming my RC adventures and I post on them on my youtube channel. If interested :), here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-1P92 ... JaQ/videos

Mehari

Re: Newcomer? Romandy? 1/18 & 1/10?

Beitrag von Mehari » So 20. Dez 2020, 19:28

Hello, and most welcome to our forum. Great that you found the way to us. :hi:
Communicating in English shouldn't be a problem, thanks to Google. :grins:
If you like, we also have an FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/swissrc ... echallenge

Our forum is more or less related to RC-crawlers/-scaler but we have some members who also do some drifting, rally, flying or go boating and so on.

As you have correctly recognized, we are mainly active in German-speaking part of Switzerland. We have also been to Romandie, but unfortunately that is quite a while ago. .... a shame actually. But who knows? There is a group in Gruyère: Yaku_Team_Suissecrawler, you can find them on Instagram. They seem to be pretty active and this would not be very far from Lausanne.

It's correct, we're doing some restructuring right now and we're looking forward to organizing some great events again next year with a new board. The new event calendar is coming soon.

I would be really happy if we met sometime.

All the best, take care and stay healthy :drinks:

Cheers, Björn
Der Teufel steckt im Metall!

rcscale101

Beitrag von rcscale101 » So 20. Dez 2020, 20:06

Hello Bjorn,

Thank you for your welcome and message. It's great to know that some are closer to me and that the club is going forward. I'd love to meet you at a next event. I hope this will happen soon!

Have a great Christmas holidays and cheers from Iceland (where I am temporarily hiding ha ha!)

wemu

Beitrag von wemu » Mo 21. Dez 2020, 15:35

Hi and welcome here in the forum :drinks:
Bild
Gruess
Hansruedi

rcscale101

Beitrag von rcscale101 » Mi 23. Dez 2020, 22:17

Thank you Wemu! :)

Have a good festive season!